Monday, January 24, 2011

Diagnosis

...and so it goes again.  Another January, another resolution to finally loose the weight.  Lost 30# on Weight Watchers a few years ago, but as soon as I got too confident and stopped counting those Points(c) I was back at my starting weight, plus some!

The magic number has always been 200.  Once I saw that number on the scale, "that's IT" I tell myself.  I haven't ran since the 2010 Hartford Marathon and really packed it on over the holidays.  Oh, I also turned 35 years old.  Fat and old.  Nice.

Thinking I'd try some kind of medical weight loss program, I did some Internet research.   I also needed to the program to be covered by insurance.  Dr. Lessack http://drlessack.com/ seemed like a good bet; can't hurt to make an appointment with him right here in Hartford. 

I had to complete copious amounts of paperwork before our appointment.  This in of itself was eye-opening.  My eating habits ARE poor.

Diagnosis: Compulsive Overeater
Other Issues:  (1) nutrition, (2) lack of CONSISTENT exercise, and (3) sluggish metabolism.

Plan:  Dr. Lessack will make me a customized eating plan and exercise plan.  We need to get to the root of the problems and not just muster willpower for a short amount of time only to see if wean after a few months (Weight Watchers).

No comments:

Post a Comment